Thursday, April 19, 2007

My last two home visits








So these were my last two home visits for the year.
:(
We did two of them - me, Dorothee and a visitor from the U.S. Sad but true. I don't even really feel like telling you the stories. The abandoned and recently battered wife with 5 children - who also does not know how to read, with no land to grow food for her kids, of course she is going to have kids who fall into severe malnutrition; this is not a country that can afford social services; the mother and father who have no land to grow any food on. But the kids are, as always, beautiful. And there is absolutely no where I feel more at home than on home visits. Like, I know my favorite safe space. At least one of them. That provides great meaning for me. Fortunately, I was able to make my last home visit an even more constructive one, by taking one of our visitors from the U.S. around too. I always hope that these visits make a positive impact on others as to the reality of the majority world. And I hope it doesn't discourage either, as my battle horse cry is always...there is hope for the poor. We can change severe degrees of poverty with efforts from many angles. But we have to start pitching in.

No comments: