Thursday, April 19, 2007

Homeward Bound




I cannot believe it everyone, but I am soon homeward bound. The end of an incredible year. I don't even know where to begin, or how to some it up. I will have to think about.




The toughest job you'll ever love?
God's country?

These are the front lines my friends, these are the front lines we should be investing in.

These children who die are the casualties of an unspoken war. More nebulous and complex in many ways then the one we are creating in Iraq.

Living on the brink of life and death and cruelty and generosity. I will have to mull over it - for final words.

I will look forward to daily hot showers and hard water pressure. Living in a place where I can drink out of the tap, flushing toilets and all the amenities that come with a modern metroplis - of fresh cut flowers, of cafe latte's and goat cheese salads. But I will miss the meaning. The depth. In truth - the trenches and the heart.

But I will stay involved. I just don't know how yet.

Attached are some pics of my last days getting Claudine's littlest brother into a home. That is a heart breaking story all into itself. I will tell it later this week.

No comments: